Terms and conditions of use
Tuit Shop is a brand of Disalox (Pty) Ltd. Together with the other Tuit brands, Tuit speciliazes in bringing online learning to Africa and to the mass market. Tuit's focus is on providing services and products in the online learning industry. For further information please visit
Use of Site
You may only use this site to browse the content, make legitimate purchases and shall not use this site for any other purposes, including without limitation, to make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchase. This site and the content provided in this site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed. 'Deep-linking', 'embedding' or using analogous technology is strictly prohibited. Unauthorized use of this site and/or the materials contained on this site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws.
Disclaimer of Warranty
The contents of this site are provided "as is" without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a purpose and non-infringement.
The owner of this site, the authors of these contents and in general anybody connected to this site in any way, from now on collectively called "Providers", assume no responsibility for errors or omissions in these contents.
The Providers further do not warrant, guarantee or make any representation regarding the safety, reliability, accuracy, correctness or completeness of these contents. The Providers shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, general, special, incidental or consequential damages (including -without limitation- data loss, lost revenues and lost profit) which may result from the inability to use or the correct or incorrect use, abuse, or misuse of these contents, even if the Providers have been informed of the possibilities of such damages. The Providers cannot assume any obligation or responsibility.
The use of these contents is forbidden in those places where the law does not allow this disclaimer to take full effect.
We reserve the right to:
1. modify or withdraw, temporarily or permanently, the Website (or any part of) with or without notice to you and you confirm that we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification to or withdrawal of the Website; and/or
2. change these Conditions from time to time, and your continued use of the Website (or any part of) following such change shall be deemed to be your acceptance of such change. It is your responsibility to check regularly to determine whether the Conditions have been changed. If you do not agree to any change to the Conditions then you must immediately stop using the Website.
3. We will use our reasonable endeavours to maintain the Website. The Website is subject to change from time to time. You will not be eligible for any compensation because you cannot use any part of the Website or because of a failure, suspension or withdrawal of all or part of the Website due to circumstances beyond our control.
All the information gathered in the online forms on the website is used to personally identify users that subscribe to this service. The information will not be used for anything other that which is stated in the Terms & Conditions of use for this service. None of the information will be sold or made available to anyone.
The Site may collect certain information about your visit, such as the name of the Internet service provider and the Internet Protocol (IP) address through which you access the Internet; the date and time you access the Site; the pages that you access while at the Site and the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our site. This information is used to help improve the Site, analyze trends, and administer the Site.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties.
Third Party Links
In an attempt to provide increased value to our Users, we may provide links to other websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse and are not responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for the privacy practices or the content (including misrepresentative or defamatory content) of such websites, including (without limitation) any advertising, products or other materials or services on or available from such websites or resources, nor for any damage, loss or offence caused or alleged to be caused by, or in connection with, the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on such external sites or resources.
Lead time is dependent on stock availability. Should we have stock available, orders will be dispatched the same day provided payment is validated/received before 1400 hours.
Should the product not be in stock please allow 10 working days plus freight transit time. This will allow for manufacturing and delivery to our warehouse.
Every effort is made to effect shipment of your order timeously however unforeseen circumstances may cause delays. Should we be faced with such an occurrence Tuit Shop will contact you via email and provide a revised shipping schedule.
When you click to make a purchase with us legal obligations arise and your right to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed by us, are limited by our terms & conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase for any service through this website.
Products in the Tuit Shop are all virtual and online. Delivery is thus deemed completed after a customer received a enrollment link and successfully accesses their online learning material
The products in this shop are all online and thus requires a invitation to access the product material.
Occasionally packages are returned to us undeliverable. Should this event take place every attempt will be made to contact you to make arrangements for re-shipment.
Order processing will not begin until we receive a confirmed order and full payment.
Refunds/returns Policy (be specific)
Should you for any reason wish to cancel your purchase you will be liable for a 15% handling fee. You must advise us in writing of your cancellation and any such cancellation must be signed by the person who made the original purchase. The goods must be returned to us undamaged in the original packaging within 14 calendar days.
* Note: Tuit recommends that you use Speed Services Couriers (South African Postal Services) for all returns as it offers shipment tracking through a 24 hours customer helpline. Should you choose to use a carrier that does not offer a tracking facility and the goods are lost then no refund or return will be considered.
International customers should make use of a courier that offers:
1. Shipment tracking.
2. Insure your package for safe return and declare the full value of the shipment failing which loss or damage will be for your account.
Disclosure of outlet country at time of payment
Payment Options and Pricing
All transactions will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR).
Tuit endeavours to offer you competitive prices on current products; you're total order price will include the price of the purchase plus any applicable
sales tax and shipping charges (on the day of shipping).
Tuit reserves the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice.
Should Tuit Shop reduce it’s price on any shipped products within 10 working days of shipment, you may contact us and request a refund of the difference between the price you were charged and the reduced selling price. To receive the refund you must contact us within 14 days of shipment.
WeacceptMasterCard and Visa credit cards. If you do not have a credit card please utilise one of the other payment options, or simply log off and return to the site at a later time to complete your order. All of your order details will be saved online under in the Your Account section available for use whenever you’re ready! Sorry for the inconvenience.
EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer)
One of the most widely used ways of sending money online. Once you have added enough items to your shopping cart, proceed to “Checkout” and follow the order processing instructions. Select the option to pay via EFT. You will then have to load Tuit Shop as a beneficiary on your internet banking and use the unique order number in the reference line for your payment. This should ensure speedy processing and delivery of your selected products.
Account Holder: Disalox (Pty) Ltd
Account Number: 370 274 431
Bank: Standard Bank South Africa
You may pay for your products through a direct deposit. It’s exactly the same as doing an EFT payment, except you’ll have to go into your bank and physically make your direct deposit there. Please fax through your deposit slip to us on (011) 555-5555 to ensure your payment is confirmed and order shipped as quickly as possible.
Account Holder: Disalox (Pty) Ltd
Account Number: 370 274 431
Bank: Standard Bank South Africa
For more information about how to order, special order requirements and other payment options, please contact our Support Team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Card Services process all credit card transactions. All credit card transactions are 128 bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encrypted. The company registration documents and the site's registered domain name are checked and verified by Thawte, ensuring the cardholder and merchant that nobody can impersonate VCS to obtain confidential information.
- Virtual Card Services is committed to providing secure online services. All encryption complies with international standards. Encryption is used to protect the transmission of personal information when completing online transactions. Virtual Card Services Internet servers are protected by firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- The Merchant does not have access to credit details.
- Virtual Card Services continually reviews and enhances its security in line with technological changes.
We have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor any activity and content associated with the Website. We may investigate any reported violation of these Conditions or complaints and take any action that we deem appropriate (which may include, but is not limited to, issuing warnings, suspending, terminating or attaching conditions to your access and/or removing any materials from the Website).
The Conditions will be exclusively governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa whose Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction in any dispute, save that we have the right, at our sole discretion, to commence and pursue proceedings in alternative jurisdictions.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change, modify, add to or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
I understand that all the designs and trademarks are registered to Tuit Shop and hereby accept the terms and conditions. I undertake not to copy/duplicate the trademarks and designs directly or indirectly in anyway and understand the legal implications thereof. Should I be found to be in violation of this agreement I understand that I will be held liable for all legal costs incurred by Tuit Shop for any civil action or any legal action deemed necessary against me.
A copy of the ECT Act is available at http://www.polity.org.za/pol/acts/2002.
The qualifications supplied and endorsed by Tuit are based on the qualification requirements from the content supplier.
In order to receive your qualification you have to comply to the following minimum requirements:
- Comply to the minimum enrollment criteria from the supplier
- Complete the course content, assignment, exams and any required grading aspects
- Complete the course within its allowed time period
- Supply any additional information, paperwork or proof of identity as required or requested
Tuit offers two primary payment options.
Cash/eft/credit card option
- pays for the course purchase in totality and usually, but not compulsory involves payment discounts.
- Once a payment is made, it cannot be reversed or refunded.
- The course for this payment option must be completed within the first 12 months or allocated time period set by the supplier.
Pay As You Study (PAYS) option
- Involves paying for your course in equal values over a 12 month period.
- Payment can be made manually or via debit order system.
- To qualify for the PAYS option Tuit reserves the right to do a complete credit and risk check on your person before approving the PAYS option.
- Additional paperwork for this option may be required.
- Monthly payment for the PAYS option should be made before the end of a month for access to course material in the upcoming month.
- A premium for paying for your course over a 12 month period applies and thus the PAYS option over the period doesn’t equal the value of the cash payment option.
- During this period you may access the course and work towards its completion.
- The final Exam and qualification can only be finalised and supplied once the full course payment of all 12 portions have been made.
- Early settlement before the 12 months doesn’t include discount and thus the full 12 month value is payable.
- A course purchased as a PAYS option cannot be converted to a cash option afterwards as it entails a 12 month contract with Tuit.
- No penalties are charged if payment during 12 months stop
- After a month of non-payment, the course and your access will be frozen until payment proceeds.
- a PAYS course may be frozen voluntary or by non-payment for a maximum of 24 months from the starting month of the course. After 24 months, the course is concluded with or without payment.
SLP Certification and Credits
- Attendance-based Certificate (Online Participation)
- The participant will receive an attendance-based certificate if he/she works through the course content and takes part in the online quizzes, activities and discussions (QAD’s).
- Credit-bearing Certificate
- The participant has to work through the course content, take part in the online QAD’s and submit and pass the final assignment(s). Non-participation in online QAD’s will result in not qualifying to submit the assignment(s) and ultimately not being able to take part in the examination.
- Credits earned through SLP’s can be used towards the MDP. A maximum of 25% (or 33 credits) of the MDP (135 credits) can be claimed through SLP’s completed. This implies that SLP’s for which credits are claimed, are not subject to taking part in the online QAD’s or submission of the assignment(s); however he/she has to take part in and pass the examination.
- The participation in QAD’s for a SLP is compulsory.
- It is the responsibility of the participant to work through the content and QAD’s within the given time frame of the specific module. Should this requirement not be met, the participant will not qualify for the examination.
- The programme dates will be communicated to each participant before/during the registration process.
- The submission of QAD’s will contribute to 20% the assignment mark.
- The participant has to submit the assignment(s) online on/before the provided due date.
- A combined mark of 50% for QAD’s and the assignment is required in order to gain access to the examination.
- Late submissions without prior arrangements: 0%
- One opportunity to re-submit failed assignments are subject to a subminimum of 30%.
- Upon notification of a resubmission, the participant has 5 days (including weekends) to submit.
- In the case of resubmission, a maximum grade of 50% can be obtained for the assignment.
- In the case of plagiarism or copying, all participants involved will receive 0% for their assignments.
- Exemption for missed deadlines will be granted only in case of illness. Please send a copy of your medical certificate to the Programme Coordinator within 5 (five) days of missing a deadline. You will be given one opportunity to complete a missed online activity and/or assignment.
Examination (if applicable)
- An open-book online examination paper will be written per module.
- A 50% pass rate is required for each module.
- Should a participant fail the examination (with a subminimum of 30%), he/she will have one opportunity to re-write the examination during the supplementary examination.
- A maximum grade of 50% can be obtained in the case of a supplementary examination.
- Any examination mark queries have to be made within five (5) working days after receipt of results.
- The re-mark of an examination script will only be granted if the participant received between 45%-49%. The fee for remarking is R100-00 per script and will only be processed once proof of payment has been received.
- Registration Process
- The proof of payment (full amount), completed registration form and a signed copy of this document, has to be e-mailed or delivered 3 (three) weeks prior to the commencement of the course(s).
- The participant will receive an invitation to the Rainbow Nation Course approximately 1 (one) week prior to the commencement of the course. This course will aid the participant in understanding the online Learner Management System (Canvas). He/she will also receive an e-mail explaining all logistical arrangements.
- Code of Conduct
- You will be required to adhere to the rules and regulations governing the Business School and Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences.