To understand how a LMS system works and specifically the Canvas LMS cloud platform.
- Workshops are presented in short, onsite, face to face sessions.
- A workshop ends with a self paced quiz to be completed at the clients discretion.
- Each workshop can have up to 10 students for each order. So if you order, remember order a workshop for each group of 10 students.
By the end of this workshop, participants should
- be comfortable using the Canvas LMS system and interface
- Create a basic online course
- Be able to invite students and manage their expertise during the course enrollment
Workshop outline & Topics:
Beginner workshop we look at the system functionality to use and work with Canvas LMS.
The syllabus for this workshop includes:
Intermediate workshop we look at the system functionality to use and work with Canvas LMS.
- What is a LMS
- The LMS market
- Market products and competitorsOpen source & free
- URL to login
- Interface, layout and structureBrandingLogin level
- Account level
- Course level
- Support access
- Roles & User typesAdminTeacher
- Course Access and invitationsVia email invite
- Create users manually
- Importing users in bulk
- Getting startedCreating a simple courseItems overview
- Structure of the course
- Rich-text interface & HTML
- Inviting students
- Online resourcesCanvas community
- Canvas guides
- w3school html training
Advanced workshop we look at the system functionality to use and work with Canvas LMS. Admin & account management
- Interface overviewReporting
- ManagementAccount management
- Course level management
- Teacher & TA's
- Sections & dates
- Student management
- Design and layout
- Advanced html
- ItemsQAD'sQuestion types
- Question banks
- Branding & style sheets
- Multi-level accounts
- Importing records
- Reports and analytics
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OTHER RELATED WORKSHOPS
Your Lecturer for this workshop:
Tuit | Time to Learn
Still have a question? These may help
Questions about our short courses answered:
How does a LMS work?
If you have any questions about this specific product please complete the form below.