The rapidly changing business environment demands that all businesses, big and small, new and old must develop an entrepreneurial culture to deal with the challenges of change.
After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Identify and determine what entrepreneurs need to know about the critical driving forces in a new venture success.
- Critically assess successful entrepreneurs and investors create, find and differentiate profitable and durable opportunities from just “another good idea”, and how opportunities evolve over time.
- Estimate and determine the necessary financial and non-financial resources needed for new ventures, identify the criteria used to screen and evaluate proposals, the attractiveness and risk, and how to obtain start-up and early growth capital.
- Determine the critical tasks to be accomplished, the hurdles to overcome during start-up and early growth, and what has to happen to succeed.
- Apply the Venture Opportunity Screening Techniques to an actual start-up idea, and subsequently, be able to develop and prepare a business plan suitable for guiding start-up, attracting financing and realizing an eventual harvest.
- Craft and prepare a personal entrepreneurial strategy to identify relevant issues, requirements and trade-offs.