The primary objective of this course is to learn how to analyse the marketing environment, to formulate marketing objectives and plans in order to sustain a competitive advantage in satisfying the targeted customers. Without any knowledge of what marketing management is, how important it is and how it must be applied in the business, it is unthinkable to assume that any business will be a success. Sound principles of marketing management are aimed at enabling the business to grow and survive.
After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Have a proper understanding of the overall marketing management process and marketing environment.
- Develop a market grid and positioning chart for a business.
- Analyse the product and service portfolios of a business.
- Have a proper understanding of the overall marketing plan.
- Formulate a promotional mix.
- Understand the workings and importance of Customer Relation Management (CRM) system.
- Have a proper understanding of sales and sales management.
- Develop an advertisement for a magazine.
- Discuss the characteristics of a service and the extended marketing recipe for services.