Business and Information Technology aims to provide participants with a practical approach to the management and assessment of the information and communication infrastructure. This aids in achieving business goals based on generally accepted best practices and international standards. This programme will help participants in understanding the role of technology in business, assessing their own business environment and identifying the need for technology in the business environment and organisation.
After the successful completion of the programme, the student will receive a certificate (NQF level 5) issued and endorsed by the UFS. Recognition to the Higher Certificate in Management Development is available.
In this programme participants will learn to:
- Understand the role of technology in business.
- Understand the impact of Information Technology (IT) in business processes.
- Evaluate the purpose, impact and efficiency of IT for business growth.
- Identifying, assessing, and managing IT and communications risks.
- Review the risk management procedures relating to the use of technology including:- Legal Requirements
- - Policies and Procedures
- Understanding the impact of the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) law and the Protection of Personal Information (POPI) bill on the use of IT.
- Evaluate and calculate the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) in owning and using technology and outsourcing to vendors.
- Understand the impact and cost of Cloud Computing and evaluating future trends in IT.